Thursday, July 13, 2006

Moving Raamen and Missiles

First, let me say that I was going to flash a few quicktime movies on this site about raamen and raamen-ya I have been to. Wow: lights, movement, excitement. But then I found this site and videocast:

Which has not only movies but is updated, according to the person who made it, everyday. Everyday! A new one to two minute movie of a different raamen EVERYDAY! My goodness, who wants to compete with that. Also, his or her website and the iTunes link to his videocast is in Japanese but the few movies I have watched have no spoken language; just music and some writing which isn't important. Check this place out if you're interested in raamen.

Second, North Korea. What can I say? They test fire a few Scuds and a ICBM that blows itself up a half dozen seconds into flight. Everyone's worried. Everyone's upset.

My question is, what do the people of North Korea want? From what I've seen, they want food. And maybe some education and decent housing. But mostly food. How does Kim justify spending billions on missiles when his own people don't have even noodles to eat? If Kim even knows his people are hungry (Is this kept from him while he lounges in his compound?), how does he justify their hunger? Is it for the good of the fatherland? Is the money diverted from food, medicine, clothing, and housing to missile construction a good thing in his mind?

Do you think it would be possible for the powers of the world to send more food to North Korea now that Kim has launched his missiles? Doesn't he realize that Japan, China, the US, and Russia have to "punish" him for his missiles?

Noodles for Nukes. A fair trade.

No comments: