Friday, May 22, 2009

LifeGame


It has been only one month since
Goya2Goya started and I'm up to episode 10 (pending). However, I have learned the pitfalls of weight loss or fat loss. I lost two pounds in about two or three weeks and felt pretty good about even that small amount. However, I spent a weekend working with co-workers and we ate, worked, drank, and worked some more. Working consisted of sitting at a table with the others and munching on snacks. So, in two days I gained two pounds. I'm back where I started. Aaargh!

Weight loss is not a one week game; it's a lifegame.

But I did learn a few things: weight loss requires the obvious choice of not eating as much as you do when you're not trying to lose weight. Pretty simple. However, just eating less is not enough, you have to eat the right foods, too. No more potato chips - at least not in huge quantities. What are the right foods: vegetables, fruits, and that are naturally low or have no fat. (Just because it says low fat on the box doesn't mean it is.)

What does this have to do with art and art in my life? I am about to re-embark on my weight loss journey by calling it my body sculpture event. Through proper eating and exercise - On Goya2Goya I walk and talk - I'm aiming at a differently shaped body. Mine, not someone else's.

Enjoy your life, it's the only one you've got.





No comments: