Thursday, May 19, 2005

Lost ...

...in My Own Mind
Have you ever gotten in your car, on your bike, or jetski to go over to Suzie and Bill's house to watch the new Reality TV show and scarf down potato chips by the ton and, instead of turning left to Suzie and Bill's house you turned right because your mind was switched on by hearing a certain song or seeing something that reminded you of someone and you just automatically drove through town to your favorite raamen shop but realized half way into your miso raamen with a side of gyoza that you were supposed to be at Suzie and Bill's house watching a reality TV show? Well, that's what happened to me today except for the Suzie and Bill and television. And the potato chips.

I was going to find a raamen shop I hadn't been to before and check out their raamen. I looked at their menu: they had five raamens but four sets (A: raamen and gyoza, B: fried rice and gyoza, C: raamen and fried rice, and D: two things which I've forgotten.) I ordered B. Halfway into it I realized, 'Hey, this isn't raamen.' I almost ordered a bowl of raamen just to taste it, but I didn't.

Below you will see pictures of that shop wherein I planned to have raamen but ended up chowing down on some delicious fried rice and gyoza. For about $8.00.

No comments: