Thursday, July 21, 2005

Samurai Michi


Samurai Michi
Originally uploaded by Tedori.
This is a nice little raamen shop called "Samurai no Michi" which could either be translated as "The Samurai's Road" or "The Way of the Samurai" or not at all.

The kanji is 侍の道. 侍 is 'samurai' as in The Last... and 道 is 'michi' as in 'road' or 'way' as in Tao. (Like the Tao of Pooh, for example?)


I had a small bowl of miso raamen which was too small for my needs at the time but very tasty. Delicious. Small noodles, not the big kind, but well-timed in the boiling process. The small bowl is great if you're on a diet (and who among us isn't?) but I think I could've eaten two small bowls. Next time, the Medium!

My only complaint is the professionalism of the staff: very proper, very by-the-book. A little boring and cold, in other words, but I'm sure most people don't mind. Most people are probably just there to grab and slurp and run.

The inside is mostly red on black. The whole place holds about 30 people. I hope it stays in business. It's near a smallish-big shopping center (I'm in its parking lot when I take this picture) and a video rental store.

No comments: