Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Script Frenzy Success!


I learned that Script Frenzy had moved from June to April on April 23rd, leaving me 7 full days to write a screenplay. The only trouble being: LIFE! I couldn't write everyday so I had to write when I could. I managed to write for three days total. THREE! And.... I finished! Hence the winner's logo to the left. What is the point? No point (except if you donate some cash so that the organizers can do some good in the world) except to prove to oneself that one can, given the deadline, finish a complete 100 page screenplay in a month. I managed it in less than a week. Cool. Next year, no sweat. Also, by the way, I finished a script last year, too. Both were film noir style movies. Why? Because I like Lauren Bacall/Kathleen Turner tough talking babes in movies.

What was this script about? Genetic engineering, chimeras, and DNA manipulation - where is the real human and what's the difference between designer people and androids? All encased in a mystery, a thriller, and a shoot 'em action screenplay Without a car chase (but with cars.)

Thank you very much. I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitresses and hey! Have a good time.



No comments: