Thursday, May 08, 2008

japanesestabbinding

Here I am sipping some fine Japanese sake (Tedorigawa sake, by the way, brewed right over there in Hakusan City, Japan), thinking about my accomplishments over the past few days.

As you may recall, I wrote a movie for Script Frenzy in about 12 hours called Chimera Woman. It's about DNA cloning, genetic engineering, and murder. To better let the world know about yet another useless blog, I created one called ZipScripts: Scripts Written Quick. Yes, I know it should be Quickly, but that's the problem with creative writing: sometimes you feel like an adverb, sometimes you don't. Please take a look at it and remember: speed was of the essence.


Second accomplishment, kind of. Rather. Maybe. I bound a book using Japanese stab binding, folded over used paper, green, waxed hemp thread, and the cover is made of a Kellogg's Genmai (brown rice) Flake cereal box. I butchered the binding and sewed one too many loops around the book. It's a soulful mess but a pretty one. If things go according to plan over the next 36 hours, I should have One - count it - One photo of the bastard child of satan by tomorrow.

No comments: