Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Plan and the Man

What have I been doing in these last 36 plus hours since I said I'd upload some snaps of my Japanese stab binding/cereal box? I have uploaded some snaps of my cereal box cover/Japanese stab binding But mysteriously posted them on  Tedorigawa Bookmakers. Why would anyone do that? A mystery, of course, but at least there is a link to another Tedorigawa blog with pictures. And sound.

Second accomplishment: I'm making - slowly but surely and with spurts and gurgles and the occasional push uphill by a semi and the occasional jumpstart - a radio drama. A detective drama for the ears called
Dead Men Don't Travel

A fairly original title, don't you think? It is not a stand alone drama but embedded, so to speak, on a podcast I do about Japanese, Chinese, English, and things in Japan. If you'd like to check it out go to Hokudai/Cast. The following episodes of Hokudai/Cast contain Dead Men Don't Travel shows. There are more sections on Hokudai/Cast episodes than just DMDT shows: A language lesson - Japanese, Chinese, English - vocabulary lesson, and music. Usually there is a timetable and you can find the DMDT shows easily by checking the timetable. I hope.

Let me look up some episodes for you.
Episode 51 is the first, I think, followed by
Episode 55,
Episode 57,
Episode 59,
Episode 60. 

Dead Men Don't Travel is an experiment in text-to-speech. It is first typed in TypeitReadit, then it goes through a tortuous editing process complete with sound effects and voice over. It's a film noir detective story for the ears. A radio noir, so to speak? Perhaps? I think it sounds good but I want you all to tell me what you think.

What's the plot?
A businessman is missing. Or is he? The detective, Vicki Bradstreet, has been asked to find the missing man. Everywhere she goes, she's one step behind a murderer. Is the missing man the murderer? Or is it his wife? His girlfriend? His business partner? Can Vicki find the killer before the Dead Man winds up ... dead?

No comments: