Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rough Book

Having strolled through too many stores that sell great paper, I found myself with a large variety of paper - soft, rough, colored, white - and finally decided that instead of buying more and not doing anything with it, I would use the paper I've got before I buy more. Ha! That's a good one. Anyway, I made The Rough Book. (You can see the rough cover here.)

The pages are rough, the endpapers are rougher, but the cover is the roughest: it isn't really paper so much as woven threads. I backed this cover paper with rough yellow paper (like endpapers.)

Here is an open page 
and you can see the stems and leaves embedded in the paper. This is also a very light book. Because the cover is so porous, and the pages aren't exactly the tightest weave in the world, the entire book is very, very light. 






And finally, here is a shot wherein you can see how roughly cut the pages are. More like torn than cut but they are very beautiful to look at. 

No comments: