Monday, June 06, 2005

Kitakata Kura Raamen


Kitakata Raamen
Originally uploaded by Tedori.
Today's lunch spot. The food was both good and not-so-good. It tasted good at the time but later kept coming back to me and I felt heavy all afternoon. Did it have just a smidgeon of MSG? I wonder because MSG (called Ajinomoto, after the company that sells the most of it) gives me a headache and I had a small one for a short period after eating here.
However, you can choose your noodle here: thick or thin. I took the thick and they were quite tasty. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday gyoza is half price and, anytime, if you order rice when you order the raamen, it's free. Otherwise, I think it's 200 yen.
If for any reason you're interested in owning a franchise, check out this Franchise site. But if you're more interested in finding how many stores they have and where and you want to practice your Japanese reading ability, check out this Kitakata Kura Raamen site. (I discovered, for example, that it is from Kitakata City in Fukushima Prefecture.)

No comments: