Monday, October 29, 2007

Dancing on the arc of a dream (continued)

Yesterday, Sunday, October 28th, a day that will never make it to the infamy top ten list, I sat in an outdoor cafe with my Mexican rice, coffee, and salad and wrote several... many pages of Dancing On the Arc of a Dream. So many, in fact, that I fear I may run out of room before the blank pages evaporate in a shower of ink and doodles. I'd write the story, doodle a drawing that may or may not be related to the story, and write some more. I discovered, half way through one scene that I had the wrong character interacting with another character so I had to go back and cross out the original character and enter in the proper guy's name.

Speaking of characters: here's a rundown of the main characters so far and which I hope will be the only characters, except for a few minor thugs and hangerson:

  • Janice Jean J - the narrator; 20, the 'mother' of our little group, the glue that keeps the other two in orbit.
  • Mel - 24, the disgruntled, angry young man who has made a very bad deal for drugs and a coffee shop.
  • Syd - 24, a former drug dealer who was shot and lost quite a few IQ points; Janice Jean J takes care of him and Mel has a few soft spots for him, too.
  • Red - Mel's dad, a scam artist.
  • The Suit - a mysterious woman with too much money and a drinking problem.
  • Mike - a rock star guitarist super-god, The Suit's boy-toy and perhaps a benefactor in Janice's coffee shop. The last I saw him he was getting beaten up by Red.
The plot, as we speak, is Janice and Mel are trying to get enough money to keep their coffee shop afloat. Mel borrowed some drugs from the bad guys (as of yet unseen) and was going to sell them to The Suit except someone did the old swithcroo on him (on Janice, she was meeting The Suit) and now they need money to pay for the drugs And the coffee shop. Red things he has a scam ready.

No comments: